This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Unusual


Out riding today in a place I have never been before. It was pouring rain and I was soaked to the skin. I found this band shell in the middle of nowhere. Its right on the Great South Bay and if it was a clearer day I think you could see Fire Island. It was kind of eerie. To the right there were vents on the wall and the wind was banging them. There was no one for miles. Along the side is running water and between the banging and the rush of water, it was kind of creepy. It seemed so deserted and desolate. I hope in the summer they have local bands and people lay out their blankets on hot summer nights, listening to the music.

5 comments:

  1. I love the mural inside the bandstand and your photo. You can practically hear the people and the music just looking at it. I am so ready for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready too Janet - it is freezing here in England. I think Kim you need to return in the summer and take a photo for us so we can see it in action. Am presuming a crowd of people painted that mural and probably had a lot of fun doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look twice to try to work this out but with your description I got there! Very unusual and well spotted. I love the colours of the mural against the starkness of the sky, ground and building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really like this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like something you would see in a gallery. amazing

    ReplyDelete