This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Shadows

I received this gift of shadows from my mom this week, along with a bunch of other goodies I would never buy for myself.

And in the reflection you can see my friends of Carly bracelet. Because this Saturday, while everyone will be eagerly awaiting to hear if the groundhog saw his shadow, I will be participating in Cycle For Survival with Lisa R and Kim, and 17 other amazing people. We will be riding for beautiful Carly xxoo Our team, Friends of Carly, has raised over $11,000.

And here is my SHAMELESS fundraising plug... Donate to our team if you can. No donation is too small. Because no one beats cancer, until we all beat cancer.

You can do so by clicking here.  Thank you!


7 comments:

  1. What some of you may not know is that Melissa organized and recruited friends for this last year as well and Lisa R., along with others rode last year too.
    Melissa was Carly's kindergarden teacher and Lisa R. was Carly's homeschooling teacher the entire time she could not attend but for me, it is so much more than that. I LOVE these women and so did Carly.
    I am so honored to ride this year for Team Friends of Carly and if you have any waterproof masacara in your box of 'shadows', I think I will need it :)
    Your picture makes me happy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special is that! Shall be thinking of you all so much - hope the day is sunny and rainproof! lotsa luv PS Another outside the box idea - can't keep up with you clever ladies/men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jossiemou, if you saw my pathetic attempt to actually take pictures of an actual shadow you will no why I had to start thinking outside the box. Pathetic! SHAMELESS PLUG is working:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say the same as Jossiemou - I hadn't even thought about this type of shadow. cycle your heart out tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Kim, I Love You too! Waterproof mascara is not working. Hopefully other goodies Mom bought me to brighten my day will. (Anti-aging cream? What is she trying to tell me!) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many wishes for a successful and enjoyable ride with a gentle breeze pushing you along from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shadows actually brought thought of eye shadow to my mind; glad i steered away as your idea was outstanding. Yes, wishing you tail winds and loads of fu for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete