This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pipes

What a difference a year makes!!!
This is on my way home from work in the middle of a field. I think these pipes are part of the massive irrigation system used to keep the field of *something* (crops or sod) from drying out during the summer.
I did a little experiment for this photo. I took one picture at about 3pm, when the sun was shining on parts of the metal. Then, today, I took the picture on my way to work at about 8:30am. So much better. I love the morning light. Same shot, completely different feel to the picture.

6 comments:

  1. Wow what a difference. I never look at posts before I post mine, but silly me looked at your last year's post - BUT honest I had already got my idea!! I must now tidy my house before my man gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So heavy and industrial looking, great capture with great composition too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing what different light makes to a picture. Can be soooo frustrating. Love the way you have captured this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see the other picture, to see the difference. I suspect it's the light that makes the pipe look like a fresh coat of chrome paint like we use to use on my dad's wheels on his truck. Excellent shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pipe really does look too clean considering it is outside. Does it look as clean in your first picture. Do you actually make the trek into the fields or do you use a zoom lens? Good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the power it conveys!! Obviously most important pipes.

    ReplyDelete