This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Friday, February 22, 2013

Unusual

Every day on my walk to the subway, I pass this unusual looking house. Not only does it catch my attention for its unusual color, but it also stands out because there are very few free-standing houses in my neighborhood of primarily apartment buildings, brownstones, and townhouses. I know that there must be some sort of story behind this house, and I am always curious what it might be.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder why the top floor is painted a different color. Did you know right along that this unusual building was the photo you would go for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it patriotic, as red,white and blue? A very unusual location and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More lovely blue.
    What I love about this is you included the *modern* apartment building alongside the gothic-looking house. makes the house seem so much more unusual as if its out of place.
    Perhaps you could google the address to see if some history pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny Kim I wondered if one of the 14000 blog watchers might just know the history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet - I didn't know right away that this was the photo I would take. I kept looking around until I realized that it was right under my nose! I think I need to do a little research on its history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding that is true about a lot of things every week. This blog really does make you take notice of things you would normally just walk by. I would love to hear some history on this house!!!

      Delete