This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Nature

I was not going to post this picture because I am trying to stretch myself and flowers always seem to be what I fall back on, however, its been a crazy week and I didn't think I would even get a picture. I almost chose a picture from my trip upstate last week and was prepared to post a Selfie - that's how desperate I was.
BTW, these are my favorite flowers. The original batch of these irises came from my grandmother's garden from 25 years ago.

8 comments:

  1. It was my Mother's favorite flower. And have never seen one as delicate as your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Nothing wrong with "falling back" on flower photos. They are nature at it's best. I love the water droplets, and veins as well as the serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo Kim. Why not take a flower picture when you do it so well. I would have enjoyed your self portrait though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other nature photo is so beautiful, I may post it. Might be worth the Selfie.

      Delete
  4. Never considered flowers having a history! Love that. This is a beautiful shot - the colors are so soft and wonderful and those water droplets are an amazing addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always another lovely photo from you Kim. Irises are so beautiful - this one has a very delicate colour. I am rather keen on the yellow ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too really love the pastel quiet colors in this Iris. One of my favorites as well. Beautiful, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful photo! Wow, from a garden 25 years ago? Incredible. Lovely, lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete