This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

nature

We were late for school one morning this week because we couldn't help but come to a screeching halt on our front porch when we saw this!  We watched in awe for a good 10 minutes.  Thousands of baby spiders making their way out into the world. There was so much to see (and this photo doesn't capture the half of it).  I would have loved to have a different lens so I could have had a closer look!  Thought I'd come back later in the day to see what they were up to, but (you guessed it!) they were all gone!  Only the web remained.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god!! That's crazy. Nature really is nuts. And how kind of them to do that during our "nature" theme week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is truly amazing....................very well "caught" on camera - I wonder where they all are now. Nature is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one will grow up to live in my shower and when I walk sleepily in there, pull back the curtain, I will have a heart attack!
    As much as I do not like spiders, I love this. Its hard to focus on something so small(at least for me) the camera always wants to grab the background and I can never get the tiny subject. Really wonderful shot and perfect for the nature theme Lisa R. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. And since spiders are supposed to eat all the small harmful bugs in our environment, the more , the better!! Looks like thousand stars are born from this amazing photo.

    ReplyDelete