This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

View from Above

This is a picture of the snow-capped Rocky Mountains from over 10,000 feet.
It was taken on my way to attend a gravesite funeral of my dear cousin who passed away far too young!
If I may take a moment to reflect;  there are times when we all feel small and insignificant and feel we don't really matter, but as I was flying over this enormous sea of  mountains and clouds, I realized that each one of us IS significant in that we touch other lives and contribute love and friendship to others.  I will greatly miss my wonderful cousin who gave this world laughter, insight, and love.  And from his view from above, he would be saying " What a wonderful world".

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and touching Wendy. And a good thing to think about today. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful reflection Wendy. I am so sorry for your loss...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with your words. Your photo goes so beautifully with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, I am so sorry you had to take this journey for such a sad reason. How nice that you could reflect like that and honor your cousin with such beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely words Wendy. Sorry for your loss. What an amazing picture though with all the clouds rolling around the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautifully taken, and how beautifully written. We will all have to get together in a year's time!!

    ReplyDelete