This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

DRINK

This wine glass is never empty.  I painted it about 3 years ago when as I called it "I couldn't find peace in my head.  As I started to paint I recalled all the flowers in my flower bed, and I do love flowers. It's so amazing how one little seed can make such a beautiful thing, or how a ratty old plant can become beautiful  with just a little care.   My head was now full of my best friend and her sister planting lilies and laughing so hard, my son putting in apple trees, my  kids and grandchildren asking "Can we pick a Basket of flowers?" I  often just get out all six of them and go to my peaceful place/.  They will never be just be empty glasses to me and the grandchildren often asked "Grammy can we drink out of your magic glasses.

7 comments:

  1. Your glass is beautiful, so special. Your explanation is even more beautiful. Actually put a lump in my throat... thanks for sharing such special drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I never knew about you - how artistic you are. Love it and your description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful hand painted glass and gripping story along with it .
    Did you get to finish your other work of art, the pinwheel quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background story to this work of art

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am not sure which is more lovely? The glass or your story. Both are wonderful and touching. Great painting and great photo

    ReplyDelete