This is a photo challenge to take a picture a week, for 52 weeks. We have multiple contributors posting from around the world on the same theme by Sunday night. The weekly themes are listed at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Pattern

Everyone is so kind with their comments and I wanted to repost this particular picture to show you that sometimes you can change a photo with a filter or cropping. This is the original which I didn't really care for. The left half of the picture is distracting and the color did nothing for me. But I thought it had potential so I turned it to black and white and I cropped out the left side.
I don't always do this but sometimes, certain photos just beg to be changed.
This is incredibly easy to do and you may find yourself making ho-hum pictures pop. If anyone would like step-by-step instructions on how to use Picasa, just shoot me an email. Picasa has about 25 different, very basic editing options. I think some people (ME!) are intimidated by Photoshop and this, to me, is a simple, quick, free alternative.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, your edited photo does look better. It is amazing what can be done to a photo. I like picasa also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for that - i thought there were only about 9 editing options so i went back and there were all the others! now i really wont get anything else done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips Kim. That is amazing that it's the same picture, so it's not just the photo,it's how far you can get outside of that box. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing all this with us Kim. You obviously have a very good eye and lots of creativity. I have found Picasa fun but as Jossiemou hints - it certainly is time consuming but SO addictive.

    ReplyDelete